1751817 Members
5531 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Select interfaces drop-down menus gone after firmware upgrade

Kem11

Select interfaces drop-down menus gone after firmware upgrade

Hello!

I am not sure if this is the right place to write about it but with our JH395A devices (FF 5940) in an IRF stack, after doing ISSU upgrade to 7.1.070 Release 2702P01, the drop-down menus are gone from the web user interface (with Chrome and IE, I didn't test more). For example, I want to create an aggregated interface: interfaces can't be selected, it only shows a narrow line instead of the list of interfaces, but the menu for Static and Dynamic opens. Even more, when I open an already existing aggregated interface, it opens the same page as if I was starting to create a new one, it's not showing old configuration.

I had to put back the previous one (7.1.070 Release 2612P08) and the menus came back. These are devices that are not in live use so I could reboot them both at the same time but if I had done this with live devices then I am not sure how that should work: set primary software as the old in both devices and then just rebooting one and then the other?

2 REPLIES 2
Kem11

I guess I found the reason by checking the Release Notes more carefully. There is this information:

"Among the 5940 Switch Series, the version F2701 and later might fail to operate properly on
switches with the product codes 5940 48XGT 6QSFP+ JH394A and 5940 48SFP+ 6QSFP+
JH395A due to memory limitations. For these models, as a best practice, use the version
R2612P02."

Strange that R2612P08 is not mentioned at all nor is it in the list of "Hardware feature updates" but at least the reason is explained. Before doing the upgrade, I only checked the compatibility on the download page.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes you are correct, there are limitations if you are upgrading JH394A or JH395A to F2701 or F2702 series.

Software Version: 7.10.R2612P08 is compatible for JH394A & JH395A and there are no latest software release available for these model switches.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo