HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Comware Based
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use Voice Vlan 27 Enable or LLDP voice-vlan 27

Should I use Voice Vlan 27 Enable or LLDP voice-vlan 27

Hello, all 

I currently have a Cisco Phone system and I have 2 different seups on the Comware switches. On some ports I have

voice vlan 27 enable

and others I have

lldp voice-vlan 27

Both seem to be working, but I have no idea why when I programmed the swicthes I chose one over the other. I was having problems getting the Cisco phones to work and spen a lot of time with HPE to get everything going, but now I have no idea why I would have the 2 different settings unless I had 2 different engineers and they do it differently. 

Any way, can anyone explain the differences? We are going to be moving to a Shoretel system and I am not sure if both will work or what the best one may be for the Shoretel phones.

Cheers

David Graham

1 REPLY
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: Should I use Voice Vlan 27 Enable or LLDP voice-vlan 27

Hi David!

Yes... the voice vlan command requires that the OUI MAC addresses be set in the voice-vlan table in order for the devices to be properly identified.  The LLDP voice-vlan works within the LLDP protocol to identify what the device is and set it appropriately.  Both can be configured on a port if needed.

Regards.,

David