New Discussion

Status and Fault Summary on A7510 Switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
huddie
Occasional Advisor

Status and Fault Summary on A7510 Switch

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a Comware command I can use to just get a quick summary of the status of an A7510 switch ?  I'm thinking of a green / amber / red response with a quick message to say where the problem is if it's not green and there is a fault.  I know of the various commands such as 'display device manuinfo' or 'display power' that show you the status of various components, but this isn't what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for a quick summary.  If my boss asks me is there anything wrong with a switch, I'd like to be able to run the command and give a quick answer.  

It looks like a web console is supported which might fulfil this requirement but I'd say it would be hard to set up and a sledgehammer to drive in a nail. We are also setting up SNMP monitoring but this is a work in progress.

Anybody know of such a quick status summary command ?  We're on Version 5.20.105, Release 6708P07

--
Paul

"If you're not helping or requesting help, you probably shouldn't be here."
2 REPLIES 2
rodrigohpadilla
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Status and Fault Summary on A7510 Switch

I´d use "dis log buffer" to see the logs in the box.   Before that I´d check the modules with "dis device" if someone is in fault maybe you have to change the module.

good luck !

huddie
Occasional Advisor

Re: Status and Fault Summary on A7510 Switch

Thanks so much rodrigohpadilla.  That's exactly what I need.  'display logbuffer summary' gives me a pretty good summary of switch health and I can use the likes of 'display logbuffer level 3' to dig deeper.  Nice one :-D

--
Paul

"If you're not helping or requesting help, you probably shouldn't be here."