New Discussion

Re: Storage device redundancy with FlexFabric 5700

SOLVED
Go to solution
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@Capricorn800 wrote:

I know about IRF VSF tech. They will act as one but the diagram I made was with Cisco VPC concept in mind.

Cisco vPC is more similar - or comparable - to Aruba VSX (separate control planes), IRF is more similar - or comparable - to VSS. Aruba VSF (which use a frontplane stacking technology approach) is, on the other hand, more similar to IRF than to VSX...in any case two Aruba 3810M stacked are de facto using the backplane stacking approach which is similar to VSF...but implemented using specific dedicated Hardware (Stacking Modules and Stacking Cables)...that's to say that designing two Aruba 3810M in a stack is practically identical to design to Aruba 2930F/5400R zl2 in VSF (there are differences - in terms of different requirements and restrictions - but those are very stacking technology and switch series specific)...so in the diagram above you can use a (Aruba 2930F/5400R zl2) VSF instead of Aruba 3810M stack.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Capricorn800
Advisor

Thanks. 

Can you recommend some location on HP site which such examples/configuration?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Since HPE FlexFabric 5700 runs over Comware NOS while Aruba 3810M runs over ArubaOS-Switch (rebranded and enahanced HP ProVision NOS), for the sake of implementing LACP Trunks (LAGs) between a Comware (historically known as belonging to A-Series) and ProVision (historically known as belonging to E-Series)...follow this initial guide:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03503743

Clearly you should adapt to IRF and Backplane Stack interface(s) numbering schemes since the example is referring to two standalone switches.

Edit: link above corrected.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Capricorn800
Advisor

Thanks. 

Did you forward me the right link?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Sorry, too many threads open concurrently and I cross-pasted! URL corrected.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Capricorn800
Advisor

Thanks. Sorry for late replay as I was getting some error on login.

so the main thread was connecting storage direct to FlexFabric. So now I will create interface config for access port and will come back to you.