Comware Based
1752801 Members
5549 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Switch 4500 PWR 50 Port SPF Config

SeanCaqnnon

Switch 4500 PWR 50 Port SPF Config

I have 2 4500 PWR 50 port switches that I have stacked with on SPF Transeiver module in each and another Transeiver Module as a 1000Mbps port...Can I add 2 More 1000Mbps Transeivers in the remaining ports? 

4 REPLIES 4
manuel.bitzi
Trusted Contributor

Hi

de SFP and the 1G-Cooper-Ports are Combo-Ports. You can use the one or the the other - not both. If you used 2 Gigs to stack the device, you habe no more gig-ports left.

You can Stack it with only 1G-Link. then you have 1 gig-link per Switch left.

regards

Manuel

H3CSE, MASE Network Infrastructure [2011], Switzerland
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Additionally, you can aggregate the uplinks, increasing the bandwidth of the trunk connection to 2Gbps.

Regards.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
SeanCaqnnon

I do have it Stacked with only 1 GB port...What if I use a Fiber SPF Module to Stack it then can I have atleast 1 more Gigaport available?  so out of the 4 SPF ports, 1 Combo port can be copper and Fiber and the other Copper?

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Yes.

In the switches wiith 50 ports you have 4 SFP slots, in the switches with 26 ports you have two RJ-45 and two SFP slots. When stacking the switch, two of these ports are used and the other two ports are automatically disabled. But you just use one fabric port per switch in order to stack it, right? So you have one more gigabit port in each switch that you can use to uplinks. As the stack acts as a single entity, you can connect these two gigabiit ports to the distribution or core and aggregate these links, increasing the bandwidht and resilience.

This feature is independent of media type, you can use either copper or fibre.

Regards.

Regards,
Fred Mancen