4351 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Switch problem when configuration finish

gushim
Occasional Contributor

Switch problem when configuration finish

Dear All Friend,

Now, we have more than 10 switch with various product from HP/3Com (Baseline 2928 SFP, 2952SFP, 3Com superstack/4400/4200), each switch connecting each other via fiber.

All switch still default (use: vlan default: ID 1) and each connected with vlan type access.

All switch with STP on by default.

There was something make me curiosity/strange, if i finish editing configuration to the switch, switch reboot, but from my desk i see all switch reboot too (check via ping) about 2-3 second.

I don't understand with the switch why if i only change/edit configuration to 1 switch can take effect to other switch too (reboot).

Is there any experience with the problem that i have?

Thank you for your time/reply, i appreciate that.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Comware-Based. - Hp Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Andyo
Occasional Advisor

Full mesh connectivity is somewhat strange topology. Do U have HP switch meshing feature utilized? Do U have Single IP management configured?

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

If your ping failed for 2-3 seconds, that is nowhere near the time it takes for a reboot.

AlexisKoch
Advisor

Did you check on the uptime on the switchs to see if the really reboot?

2-3 sec with no ping is more likely to be a spanning-tree calculation.

sdide
Respected Contributor

Hi gushim

You need to clarify a few things:

You say : "we have more than 10 switch ... each switch connecting each other via fiber."

That - when read literally - sounds like you have a full mesh. (or 10 switches, that would be 90 connections.) I don't think thats what you have, so could you describe the topology.

You say: that when you reboot one switch, the other switches reboot. How do you know that they reboot? ( you cannot really check that via ping.) 

My best guess is that you loose the connection to the switches, because you  trigger a recalculation of the spanning tree. This might explain the 2-3 seconds you talk about.

Regards.

S├╕ren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland
gushim
Occasional Contributor

Dear All my friends,

Thank you for your time to reply my post. I attach  my network diagram, and i can explain all switch still use default vlan 1, and STP enable. I read on this post there will take 2-3 second for STP to recalculation of STP. If like that is it normal? or i can reconfigure the STP so if i save the configuration the STP no need recalculation again.

Thank you so much for your time and reply

Gushim

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

You appear to not have any loops in your topology - so your STP should remain stable.

Have you reduced your STP priority on your 5500 to 0, or 4K?

sdide
Respected Contributor

Hi gushim,

its a simple topology.

But you need to be more precise. Because  - I can easily explain what you experience, when i look at your diagram.

If you sit at your laptop, and reboot say switch 4:

- You'd loose connection to all switches but 7 and 9.

- Because of spanning tree TCNs you'll have several links going trough leaning and listening phases.

Regards.

S├╕ren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland