5285 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Synchronization issue on XRN stack

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Synchronization issue on XRN stack

Hi guys.

One of my customers is facing a problem in his 5500G-EI stack (XRN), and I did not found any information on the 3Com official guides. The problem is that we can log in the stack through SSH, but we cannot enter the system-view mode; it appears on console the following warning:

%Mar 19 14:56:42:491 2009 FABRICORE CFAX/4/PROCINFO:- 1 - UNIT 1 : CFAX is busy with synchronizing process information %Mar 19 14:57:13:359 2009 FABRICORE CFAX/4/PROCINFO:- 1 - UNIT 1 : CFAX is busy with synchronizing process information

I suspect that there is a problem with the XRN stack or operational system, but actually the stack is running the latest version of 3comos and there is not any problem in the log...

We already restarted the stack, checked the cascade interfaces...sometimes is possible to enter in the system-view mode, but sometimes not.

Do someone have an idea of what can it be?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fred.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
4 REPLIES 4
adiltaleb
Advisor

Re: Synchronization issue on XRN stack

Hi,

You use admin with level3 on your ssh connexion?

Certified 3Com Enterprise LAN Exper/ IP Telephony VCX Expert
Certified 3Com Enterprise LAN Exper/ IP Telephony VCX Expert
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Yes. Actually, the problem was solved yesterday, after some procedures that I sent to my customer, in order to reconfigure the stack.

The stack was reconfigured step by step, and after that the switch didn't show no more problems.

Tks.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
PAL807

I am running into the same issue with two 5500G-EI's running FW: 3.02.00s168.

Is there any fix that can be done while on this FW code without having to reconfigure the switches?

Any suggestions or fixes would be of great help.

On one of these switches I was able to upload the latest FW, but when I tried setting the boot-loader to the latest FW s4c03_03_02s168p15.app I just kept on receiving these error messages. I didn't attempt on the second switch stack as I am pretty sure I will run into the same problem.

mjallad

Dear Sir,

Can I know the steps you did to solve the problem, since I'm facing the same problem in my 6 unit stack

Thank you.