108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Trunk on 2250 +

cristianos
Occasional Contributor

Trunk on 2250 +

Good morning to everybody,

I have this question:

I've configurated a trunk with port 49 and 50 on the switch. It works fine, but when I power off the switch  (for maintenance or other) I lost this configuration. It appens only for the trunk, VLANS and other information remain stored. Could you plase help me solving this problem?

Thank you... best regards. Cristiano

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: Trunk on 2250 +

In Baseline switches you need to apply and save the settings. You have to click in the 'apply' button, then before click in the 'save' button. If you do not perform these actions the switch will lost the changes when rebooted. The connection cames up in trunk mode because the Baseline switch automatically recognizes the trunk connection with another peer and changes itself the port mode to trunk.

Regards

Regards,
Fred Mancen
cristianos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply, but I read on the manual: "The settings are only saved and implemented on selecting the Apply button."

I do not found any "save" button. (as it is on other baseline switches... )  apply button is the only one available.

When I reboot the switch I only loose trunk configuration, vlans... ip .... port... etc...  configurations remain stored in the system. 

Do I missed something??

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi Cristiano.

Are you using the latest firmware version? It's a weird behavior, really. In the main panel on the web console, are you sure that there's no any 'save ' button? I remember that there was one apply and one save button in a Baseline 2948 switch that I configured. But if already checked and really does not appear any save button, I don't know what can be the root cause to this issue.

Anyway, check the firmware version, and if a upgrade is necessary, perform it. Maybe this procedure can fix the problem.

Regards

Regards,
Fred Mancen
cristianos
Occasional Contributor

I confirm the firmware is the last release available, I've tried to overwrite the firmware with the same last version, but no success at all. No save button is present in the various menu.

The appliance has been replaced in warranty a couple of week ago for this issue and the replaced switch has the same problem.

Anyway... thank you for your replay.