4896 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Tunnel Interface and L2TPv3 Interoperability between HP 7500 and Cisco IOS

edil
Occasional Contributor

Tunnel Interface and L2TPv3 Interoperability between HP 7500 and Cisco IOS

Hi,

I have two network devices in production, Cisco and HP and I need to create a tunnel interface between them. Default tunnel configuration on Cisco device use GRE. The HP device is HP 7506.

I need to know if it possible to set such interface between them.

I read the manual HP Networking and Cisco CLI Reference Guide but didn't found a section related to tunnel interfaces.

Please advice.

[EDIT}

I also need to know the interoperability for L2TPv3 between Cisco and HP.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: Tunnel Interface and L2TPv3 Interoperability between HP 7500 and Cisco IOS

You enable it on the physical switchport with the command "qinq enable".

No idea about Cisco interoperability, but you are bound to find the experience very educational...

edil
Occasional Contributor

Vince thanks!

Educational indeed! In the other hand it could also be a very frustrative endevor ha!

Do you know what particular manual and sections describe how to configure what Cisco calls the l2tp-class, pseudowire-class and xconnect?

The document that I previously mention provides the equivalent commands between Cisco IOS, Commware and Procurve but only for basic stuff I haven't been able to find a manual for advanced configuration options. Latter on I will also have to setup OSPF between HP and Cisco.

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

If it was Procurve, I would look in the Advanced Traffic Management Guide. I haven't really fathomed the 3COM logic yet.

Seem to be a few documents on the HP website that might help:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0121101&sp4ts.oid=4177519