1753808 Members
8612 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to ping hp s5500 Switch from non-directly connected device

donglee
Contributor

Unable to ping hp s5500 Switch from non-directly connected device

I have a Hp s5500 configured baiscally as a hub. All ports are configured as access ports on the same vlan 10. VLAN interface 10 was given an IP Address of 10.10.10.1, in order to connect to the switch. I can ping the device from a directly connected my huawei NE40E router 10.10.10.99, but unable to ping the device from a different subnet 1.1.1.1. This switch is used to connect to other devices in the site on the same 10.10.10 subnet, and I am able to ping those devices through the switch, but not the switches vlan interface. Can anyone tell me what im missing? I have dealt with this issue before, so I feel really stupid asking this question, and feel like I will kick myself once someone answers, but I just cannot think of whats causing the issue.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Comware-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to ping hp s5500 Switch from non-directly connected device

Do you have a default gateway configured?  You could also turn on ICMP debugging to see if the requests from the other subnet are even making it to your switch.

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support