1753259 Members
5937 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

VoiP and Video

Proxel

VoiP and Video

Hello everybody, how i know if some switch support VoiP and Video?, this is a specification of datasheet?, I need to know if the Switch 5130 series support VoiP and Video, thanks for help me.

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: VoiP and Video

It's like asking if a Switch is able to switch data packets...yes, it is...specifically it is a Layer 2 Switch (and it also supports Static and RIP Layer 3 routing)...so switching data packets is its purpose!

Start your HPE FlexNetwork 5130 EI Switch Series personal discovery here.

Probably you're - instead - really worried about any QoS management capabilities regarding data packets carrying VoIP/Video media...for any data packet of that type that will flow through that Switch.

The HPE FlexNetwork 5130 EI Switch Series, as many other managed Switches, supports QoS Management (search through its whole Documentation for details about QoS), directly from its QuickSpecs:

Quality of Service (QoS)

• Broadcast Control allows limitation of broadcast traffic rate to cut down on unwanted network broadcast traffic.
  • Advanced Classifier based QoS classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 in formation; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
  • Powerful QoS Features supports the following congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), and SP+WRR.
  • Traffic Policing supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate.

Just to name a few.

Hope that will help you.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner