1752646 Members
5860 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Web package set up error

Pasztorp

Web package set up error

Hi Guys,

I updated the 4500 stack new sw. (s3n03_03_02s168p06.app), after I tried set up the new webpackage.

"boot web-package s3p04_03.web main"

I get warrning message:

"Your web package is incompatible with the APP you are running. The released package is s3p04_03.web...."

Who has seen such a thing ?

What is the problem?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: Web package set up error

There is no problem, since you issued the command boot boot-loader <filename>.app. This means that you are setting a new web image to boot, but the .app file that is already running (older version) is incompatible with it. When you reboot the switch the new .app file will boot and the web package will came up together without errors.

HTH

Regards,
Fred Mancen
Pasztorp

Thanks for your answer.I rebooted the the switch, but the problem remains. I think the root cause is in the new sw release.  I'm not beginer and I did lot of sw. update, but I never had problem with webpackage. Any other tips anyone? Anyone using such sw. version (s3n03_03_02s168p06)?

xabarax

YES,

i'm using the same firmware and i have the same error... now i'm using the comman line to configure the swith

though it was very comfortable the web part.

i hope someone write the resolution.

CARLO

mat
Occasional Advisor

Hi, Did you find a solution for this? I have the exact same error after doing this upgrade on my 4500/ 26 port.

Thanks and regards mat

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

I didn't know this problem. I suggest you to use the Device Manager instead the web console. Download it from this URL:

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=4&sort=effdt&sku=3C15500&order=desc

I think it's better and safer than the web console. There is Windows and Solaris versions.

HTH

Regards,
Fred Mancen