gadisontag
Advisor

auto vlan voip 2530

hello

we have a 2530 with 2 vlan 

vlan voip  - 2100

vlan data x - 100

vlan data y - 200

Is there a way to create an automatic connection that detects a phone belonging to Vlan voip - 2100

samle config is not work

device-identity name "VoIP-Phone"
lldp oui 0c383e sub-type 1                  <<<   mac of fanvile phone >>>>> 
exit
device-profile name "Phone-Profile"
untagged-vlan 399
exit
device-profile device-type "VoIP-Phone"
associate "Phone-Profile"
exit

phone is access mode !

best regard

gadi

6 REPLIES 6
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: auto vlan voip 2530

Hi @gadisontag 

Is there a way to create an automatic connection that detects a phone belonging to Vlan voip - 2100 -  When you connect phone, the phone should detect the Voice VLAN  ? Correct me if i am wrong 

To achieve  this you need to Tag the Voice VLAN and UnTag the Data VLAN . Refer below link for  more information and config examples 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03386522&docLocale=en_US

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
support_s
System Recommended

Query: auto vlan voip 2530

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello, 

If I understand correctly you want to configure the switch such that the tagged VOICE VLAN is applied automatically as soon as you connect an IP phone to the switch. You are trying to configure a device profile for this.

Maybe you can check if Local MAC authentication (LMA) is a better option for you.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000005601

The problem with the device profile is probably the OUI. As far as I can see you have configured the OUI of the vendor. However the switch is not checking the OUI of the source MAC address. It is checking an OUI in a specific TLV (type 127) in the LLDP packet.

From the manual: Specify the OUI used in LLDP's organization using specific TLV, (type =127). OUI should be in XXXXXXformat. The default OUI "000000" indicates that device-identity will not use LLDP to identify device:

So you have to find out or check which OUI is sending the phone in the LLDP TLV 127. If there is no TLV 127, you can try by configuring lldp oui 0012bb sub-type 1. This is the TIA standard OUI.

CHeck the document attached to this airheads tread.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=23866

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

gadisontag
Advisor

hello

thank

vlan 2098
name "VOIP-015"
tagged 1-48
ip address 3.4.5.6  255.255.252.0
voice
exit

Works great

According to what will the switch decide if it is a telephone? According to the lldp?

best regard

gadi

Emil_G
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello

You have configured all the ports of the switch to be tagged members of the voice VLAN. So this is static configuration on the switch side and not the dynamic assignment which is possible with the device profile.

The "voice" parameter in the VLAN context has the consequence that the switch will advertise this VLAN as the voice VLAN in LLDP-MED packets sent out of all ports. A phone that supports LLDP-MED will read this information from the LLDP packet configure itself to send the voice packets with a vlan tag and VLAN ID 2098. Which will ensure proper communication in the voice VLAN

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

gadisontag
Advisor

hello

thank

have a nice day

gadi