2928 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cisco 3com LACP trunk

scaniafreak
Occasional Contributor

cisco 3com LACP trunk

Dear 3com users,

At my company we have all cisco switches. Recently a new productionsystem is installed which involved a 3com 2916-SFP Plus switch. The 3com and Our cisco 3750 has to be connected via a LACP channel which also is a 802.1q trunk.

the config is as following:

I have 3 vlans: vlan1 (native), vlan4 (management), vlan10(other). those vlans are also created on our cisco.

port 15/16 on the 3com is bundled as a LACP channel and 802.1q trunk which only allows vlan1 and vlan10.

3com port 8 is connected to cisco port 17. Both ports are in vlan4 for managment purposes only.

port 8 is untagged in vlan1 and tagged in vlan4

port 15/16 is untagged in vlan 1 and tagged in vlan 10

all other ports are untagged in vlan 10

the LACP channel is created succesfully. Only, on the cisco i get messages of a native vlan mismatch for vlan 4 and vlan 1. Also Spanning tree shuts down port 17 on the cisco (vlan 4).

as i'm a cisco guy, i know that the cisco switch is configured correctly. How must i configure my vlans on the 3com?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
scaniafreak
Occasional Contributor

Re: cisco 3com LACP trunk

Dear 3com users,

At my company we have all cisco switches. Recently a new productionsystem is installed which involved a 3com 2916-SFP Plus switch. The 3com and Our cisco 3750 has to be connected via a LACP channel which also is a 802.1q trunk.

the config is as following:

I have 3 vlans: vlan1 (native), vlan4 (management), vlan10(other). those vlans are also created on our cisco.

port 15/16 on the 3com is bundled as a LACP channel and 802.1q trunk which only allows vlan1 and vlan10.

3com port 8 is connected to cisco port 17. Both ports are in vlan4 for managment purposes only.

port 8 is untagged in vlan1 and tagged in vlan4

port 15/16 is untagged in vlan 1 and tagged in vlan 10

all other ports are untagged in vlan 10

the LACP channel is created succesfully. Only, on the cisco i get messages of a native vlan mismatch for vlan 4 and vlan 1. Also Spanning tree shuts down port 17 on the cisco (vlan 4).

as i'm a cisco guy, i know that the cisco switch is configured correctly. How must i configure my vlans on the 3com?

Thanks in advance.

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi. As your skills are stronger in Cisco, follows the commands that are equivalent to Cisco in 3Com OS:

switchport mode trunk => 3com OS: port link-type trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan => 3com OS: port trunk permit vlan

switchport trunk native vlan => 3com OS: port trunk pvid vlan

Regarding the LACP group (LAG = Link Aggregation Group), in 3com you need to create it as the following way:

link-aggregation group <lag_id> mode static

link-aggregation group <lag_id> description <description>

In the interfaces you want to group:

port link-aggregation group <lag_id>

To check the status of the LAG:

display link-aggregation verbose <lag_id>

HTH.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
scaniafreak
Occasional Contributor

hi,

i've tried via the CLI, but it's really compact.

the only options i have in the CLI are initialize, ipsetup, logout, password, ping, reboot, summary and upgrade.

I don't know if it's the type of switch why i have a simple CLI.

Mostly i have configured the switch via de web interface, but it's a bit confusing regarding the vlans etc.

This message was edited by roel.beelen on 3-15-10 @ 10:15 AM
scaniafreak
Occasional Contributor

hi everyone,

the problem is solved. As only traffic from vlan 10 has to traverse the link, it wasn't neccesary to establish a 802.1q trunk.

I've put all ports, exept port 8, in vlan 10. On the Cisco switch i've put the LACP channel also in vlan 10.

thanks for your replies.