108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: copy startup.cfg on HPE 1950

SOLVED
Go to solution
GairHald
Occasional Advisor

copy startup.cfg on HPE 1950

Hello, i usually work with cisco, so some commands i don't know how to use in HPE, for example:

I want to create a daily copy backup in one switch, in cisco I use this:

kron occurrence backup at 20:00 recurring
policy-list backup
!
kron policy-list backup
cli write
cli show run | redirect ftp://172.26.250.25/BackupNetworking

but in HPE don't work a simple manual bakup, so, how i can do it for manual backup┬┐

I try to use copy startup.cfg tftp x.x.x.x but don't work, any help me? thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Can you try below command:

backup startup-configuration to <tftp ip address>

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Ivan_B
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @GairHald !

If you unlock full CLI in this unit, you will have access to full-blown Comware 7 which of course has 'kron' which is called 'scheduler', TCL language support, Python support etc. But if your task is to create a simple recurring job to backup last saved configuration, then the following config should suit your needs (don't forget to sync the clock in the switch, preferrably by NTP):

<Sysname> system-view
# Create a backup job. I assume flash:/startup.cfg is your saved-configuration file. Verify that that with 'display startup' command
[Sysname] scheduler job backupconfig
[Sysname-job-backupconfig] command 2 tftp <tftp_server_ip_address> put flash:/startup.cfg backup.cfg
[Sysname-job-backupconfig] quit
# Assign the job to the scheduler
[Sysname] scheduler schedule backup
[Sysname-schedule-bacupconfig] job backupconfig
[Sysname-schedule-bacupconfig] time repeating at 20:00
[Sysname-schedule-bacupconfig] quit

Then you can use 'display scheduler schedule' to verify the configuration and monitor last execution status of the scheduled job.

More information you can find in the guides for HPE 5130-EI which is the closest model to 1950 if you use unlocked CLI.

Fundamentals Command Reference Guide: https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00017784en_us
Fundamentals Configuration Reference Guide: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00017770en_us

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @GairHald ,

Agred with @Ivan_B, the cli of this switch is locked.

But you can download start-up config from GUI of the switch. I believe you are saving the configuration on daily basis while taking backup.

Select Device -->Configuation --> then either view current config and copy & paste into notepad or Export Running Configuration.

Save Config.jpg

Hopefully it will help you.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
GairHald
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, works correctly!!