port trunk pvid vlan 200
quit

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/7
port link-type access
port link-type trunk
port trunk permit vlan 1 200 250 260 270 280
port trunk pvid vlan 200
quit

On the Linux side, I want to bond (redhat calls it a TEAM) the two  10gbit interfaces into one using LACP.

which will be the configuration to bond the interfaces at switch level in active-active?

I tried this but it seems it did not worked out.

system-view
interface bridge-aggregation 1
description 10GbE for storage
quit
interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/6
port link-aggregation group 1
#lacp mode active
quit
interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/7
port link-aggregation group 1
#lacp mode active
quit

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: create bonded ports in HP 5700 switch

To create a BAGG (Bridge AGgregation Group also known as LAG Link(s) Aggregation Group) and use LACP on it please follow the A-Series (Comware) section of this HPE Support document...once the BAGG (starting from defaulted physical interfaces <- it's better) is defined then all VLAN related settings must be done at BAGG logical interface's level (forget about physical member interfaces)...the BAGG logical interface (in your scenario what you identified by bridge-aggregation 1) will then propagate these settings down to its physical member ports.

Linux side there a lot of good documentation about using IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN tagging) concurrently with (over) a IEEE 802.3ad (Bonding with LACP) team interface...example here (it's Cisco biased, switch side).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: create bonded ports in HP 5700 switch

Beat me Parnassus! 

Essentially, the only thing you want to do on the physical ports is attach them to the BAGG interface with the port link-aggregation group command.   After that, any configuration you want to do is done via the BAGG interface.  If you don't do it this way you will find that one or both of the physical ports will not be selected in the link-aggregation group.

Good luck!  Glad you are learning how to use the 5700!

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support