4462 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: filter wake on lan packet in A5300 and A5120 switch

afterday
Occasional Contributor

filter wake on lan packet in A5300 and A5120 switch

Hi,

i have search in google and read all the manual, but cant seem to have information how can i filter ethernet type of the packet 0x0842by using access list?

the packet should go between vlan but it doenst, i have turn on ip direct broadcast for the both the vlan, but it still doesnt work.

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Comware-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Matcol
Frequent Advisor

Make sure you have turned on IP directed-broadcast on the layer-3 device that is doing the routing between the two VLANs you are concerned with.

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

Also, you are talking about two different packet formats; sometimes it is sent with Ethertype 0x0842, when it won't be routable between VLANs, and sometimes it is sent as an UDP broadcast.

It's probably worth checking that whatever is sending the WOL packets is configured to send UDP format packets to the correct subnet broadcast address. I would personally want to confirm that with a packet sniffer, before wondering why they aren't appearing on the far side of the router.

afterday
Occasional Contributor

Re: filter wake on LAN packet in A5300 and A5120 switch

hi,

so I wonder where should I put the sniffer? Should I place at the layer 3 trunk port to check it whether it used the correct UDP port and broadcast to send out the wol packet? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks