Comware Based
1752627 Members
5320 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: *firmaware upgrade* 3com baseline switch 2924-sfp plus / JE002A HP Baseline Smart Gig SFP 24

00ck00
Collector

*firmaware upgrade* 3com baseline switch 2924-sfp plus / JE002A HP Baseline Smart Gig SFP 24

Hi @ all,

how can i upgrade the firmaware for a "3com baseline switch 2924-sfp plus /  JE002A  HP Baseline Smart Gig SFP 24"?

I find the files and the guide, but which file must I use for the upgrade and is a TFTP server the only chance to load up the files for use?

I find the in the guite the command like:

upgrade aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa rrr runtime

where aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa is the IP address of the TFTP server and rrr is the
source runtime filename.

2 To download the bootcode file, enter:

upgrade aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa bbb bootcode

where aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa is the IP address of the TFTP server and bbb is the source bootcode filename. The bootcode firmware may not require upgrading for every software upgrade, therefore there may not be a new bootcode file to download.

3 To set the switch to boot from the new software you have downloaded, enter the following:
reboot

The following prompt displays:

Are you sure you want to reboot the system (yes, no):

4 Enter yes and press Return. The system reboots the switch.

I download the "MIBs-H3C-3Com_V4.0 (155MB)" from:

https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JE002A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=&SoftwareReleaseUId=3427&SerialNumber=&PurchaseDate=

is this the right file or other one??

And here my Versions:

Runtime version:   01.00.07 ( date  20-Mar-2008 time  16:25:04 )
Bootcode version:  1.0.0.14 ( date  17-May-2007 time  12:35:42 )

Thanks in advance and best regards

Christian

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Comware based. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
ElbDias

Re: *firmaware upgrade* 3com baseline switch 2924-sfp plus / JE002A HP Baseline Smart Gig SFP 24

You can try to update by choosing Donwload via HTTP. You can see Source File Name, just select the file as you downloaded.

This steps are at the same page (Restore Image).

productiveNet
Occasional Collector

Works with HTTP-Upload to V1.00.10, the firmware is only 3.82 MB of size and is available in the HPE networking section:
https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/DownloadSoftware.aspx?SoftwareReleaseUId=9673&ProductNumber=JE002A