8581 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: how to configure LACP in 6125xlg Blade switch

vahidgh
Occasional Contributor

how to configure LACP in 6125xlg Blade switch

hi 

plaese someone explain how can I config 6125xlg switch to provide LACP(and what is the number of ports that can use in LACP) configuration ??!!

and how can I config a backup port in LACP which comes in LACP when one port (that's work in LACP) status goes down??

thanks alot 

6 REPLIES 6
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

create the aggregated link interface:

interface bridge-aggregation 1

Add physical interfaces to the aggregation group:

int g1/0/1 port link-aggregation group 1
int g1/0/2 port link-aggregation group 1

I am guessing you can have 8 active ports in an aggregated group.

If you want a port to be a member of an aggregation group without being up, you could set it with a link-aggregation port-priority with a higher value than the default of 32K, so that if there are more ports configured in the aggregate group than the allowable maximum, it will stay down until another of the ports goes down.

vahidgh
Occasional Contributor

thanks

bakerbas
Advisor

I haven’t tested, but my understanding is that yes, if you IRF enough 6125s so that you actually have 32 ports to add to LACP, and if the device you are connecting them to also actually supports 32 ports in selected state in LACP, then you could have 32 selected ports in a single LACP group. OP also asked about backup ports...... As example, you could add 4 ports to a LACP group, and then modify the maximum # of allowable selected ports ('link-aggregation selected-port maximum number') to 3. Then one of those ports will be in unselected state ready to switch over to selected in case any of the 3 selected ports go down. You can also control which port is the backup port by using port priorities ('link-aggregation port-priority port-priority').

The Layer 2 LAN Switching Configuration Guide is great resource for this topic.

Hope that helps.

vahidgh
Occasional Contributor

Thank you I will try your answer and reply result.

thank's alot

vahidgh
Occasional Contributor

I do configuration but 1 problem occure
we have to lacp group with 8 port on each lacp and two 10G external port (ex port 14 and port 15) come with access link (no vlan)
we want port 14 send traffic to lacp group 1 and port 15 send to lacp group 2
how can assain external port to send traffic on which lacp group ?
thanks for answers
bakerbas
Advisor

You can make port 14 and LACP group 1 access ports (or trunk if you need packets tagged) in VLAN X.

Then port 15 and LACP group 2 will be access ports in VLAN Y.

port link-type access

port access vlan x