8601 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to copy configuration from one port to another

bytesleuth
Occasional Advisor

how to copy configuration from one port to another

Hello,

i am playing around with a bunch of 3com devices (5500/4500/4400) and would like to know how i could make my configuration much easier in less time.

So, here are my questions:

how can i copy a port configuration (for example Ethernet 1/0/2 to a range of other ports?

if copying is not possible, how can i configure a range of ports in 3com 4400, 4500, 5500?

How can i enable poe on all ports?

regards

bytes

5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi, copy configuration is possible, and you need to enter the following command:

copy config source gi 1/0/N destination gi 1/0/N+1 to gi 1/0/N+n

In order to enable PoE in these ports, you can setup the first port you want to change the settings, and enable PoE in it, using the command poe enable. Then you can issue the copy command to the other ports.

Regards

Regards,
Fred Mancen
bytesleuth
Occasional Advisor

Hello Fred,

thanks for your reply. I try'd excactly this, it copies me all the configuration except the poe enable .

I've try'ed this on 5500 and 4500 .

any ideas on this?

regards

bytes

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi. You're right...the poe enable command cannot be copied using this command. You have to enter the command in each port, manually. But don't ask me why this command does not work...

Regards

Regards,
Fred Mancen
sm-noc
Advisor

Hi,

this should be included on the wishlist, copy command should include all the commands you already configured on the source port, , I think, stp-edge port is also not included when you copy.

briand99
Occasional Advisor

when all else fail, use Excel.

create a fomular, use one column for raw commands & the other for the range of ports

Network/Servers monitoring tool:
http://www.ipUpTime.net