3596 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

lldp PVID mismatch

Neonium
Advisor

lldp PVID mismatch

Hi,

I have a problem on my E-Series switches are connected via a trunk on an A-series switch.
I get in the log is always the info:

00828 lldp: PVID mismatch on port B22(VID unknown)with peer device port Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/10(VID 1)(4831)

00828 lldp: PVID mismatch on port B21(VID unknown)with peer device port Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/10(VID 1)(4932)

I have "no lldp config B21-B22 dot1TlvEnable port-vlan-id" is set, but no improvement.

This is just an example, I get this message on all E-Series switches connected to the A-Series.

Can anyone give an advice one thing I can still do

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Comware-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Re: lldp PVID mismatch

I saw this when i had a couple of 5400zl switches plugged into a 5500 IRF stack. It didn't seem to cause any operational issues, so i never got around to investigating further; we just filtered out the messages.
Regards,
Paul
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

I have seen that error, sometimes on ProCurve-ProCurve connections too. I have done multiple ProCurve/Comware connections that haven't had that error.

Things to check:

• Comware PVID matches ProCurve untagged VLAN
  • Comware port is trunk or access (not hybrid)
  • no lldp config B21-B22 dot1TlvEnable port-vlan-id [pretty sure it was this conmmand that fixed a ProCurve-ProCurve link that had mismatched untagged VLANs]

Neonium
Advisor

paulgear I know that this is not a operational issues. It's annoying when you log in every 10 minutes and look what comes 2x this error.

Richard Litchfield, these two ports are configured as trunk.

Comware PVID matches ProCurve untagged VLAN -> there are no untagged VLANs on the trunk. the pvid on comware is 1 if I change it to a tagged vlan I lose the connection to the procurve switch

no lldp config B21-B22 dot1TlvEnable port-vlan-id -> I had this command found here in the forum and tried it.

Comware port is trunk or access (not hybrid) -> the settings for the trunk

Comware:

interface Bridge-Aggregation1
 port link-type trunk
 undo port trunk permit vlan 1
 port trunk permit vlan 30 70 112 160 200 240
 link-aggregation mode dynamic

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/9
 port link-mode bridge
 port link-type trunk
 port link-aggregation group 1

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/9
 port link-mode bridge
 port link-type trunk
 port link-aggregation group 1

Procurve: trunk B21-B22 trk1 lacp Vlans: 30,70,112,160, 200,240 (all tagged)

Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

Try the command "show vlans ports trk1 details" and verify that there isn't an untagged VLAN listed.

If VLAN 1 is PVID on Comware, it will need to be untagged on ProCurve. The config extracts don't show a PVID setting.

Neonium
Advisor

all vlans on trk1 are tagged and vlan 1 is not on it

I have now taken on procurve untagged vlan 200 and vlan 200 on a pvid comware

I no longer see the error in the log. Too bad that you can not fix the error differently. Actually I need on the core uplinks  no untagged vlan

Ill3st0n3
Occasional Advisor

I have came across this awhile ago when I was having the same problem. This is for an 8200 Series switch.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02609065&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

It did not disable the errors however, not sure if it is based on a particular software release or not.
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

As the link in the previous post shows, the message is generated when the remote device announces the pvid TLV, so when you locally disable the lldp pvid tlv, it has no effect on the logging.

In case of Comware/Provision, you should ensure the Comware device is not announcing the PVID anymore on the port.

On the Comware side, you can use:

int x

undo lldp tlv-enable dot1-tlv port-vlan-id

This should resolve the logging on the Provision side,

Hope this helps,Peter

tigerjohn
Occasional Visitor

I globally disabled PVID mismatch errors on our 7910 with the command below.  At the time of this posting, we're running 7.1.0.45 R2152.

[switch] lldp ignore-pvid-inconsistency