1751798 Members
5122 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

password lost

sshoaib
Occasional Contributor

password lost

I have three 3 com superstack4 5500 in a cascade config. The password is not working anymore for telnet and web access. What is the best to password recover? Also I tried connecting to console with console cable and hyper terminal - no success. Its not even connecting to console - no response from serial connction. Also don;t know why the password changed as no body changed it.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switching > Legacy to Comware-Based. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
sshoaib
Occasional Contributor

Re: password lost

Solved it - not sure why the password was reset - tried telnetting with blank password with success and then put a new password in. Still not sure why console did not work. Any idea?

Thanks

@sshoaib wrote:

I have three 3 com superstack4 5500 in a cascade config. The password is not working anymore for telnet and web access. What is the best to password recover? Also I tried connecting to console with console cable and hyper terminal - no success. Its not even connecting to console - no response from serial connction. Also don;t know why the password changed as no body changed it.

Thanks

sshoaib
Occasional Contributor

Re: password lost

Stil I would like to solve why the console did not respond with a console cable