Comware Based
1753280 Members
5431 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: port link-mode route command missing?

SOLVED
Go to solution
BadOnion

port link-mode route command missing?

Hello,

I am running a recent version of software (HPE Comware Software, Version 7.1.070, Release 3506P06), on a HPE 5130 24G 4SFP+ EI switch.

When I try to change one of the ports into routed mode, once under the desired ethernet port, in system-view, the command 'port link-mode route' is not present. All the documentation I can find indicates that is the correct command, but it is not an option for me.

I can't find any equivalent commands to get this working either. Is this switch series simply not capable of this feature? It seems strange, seeing as though it is a layer3 enterprise swtich.

Also, I don't want to make an SVI instead, as this interface is going to be connected to an outside network, and I don't want layer 2 functionality.

Thank-you,

3 REPLIES 3
Ivan_B
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @BadOnion !

The command is correct, but it is not supported by 5130 series switches.

[5130-GigabitEthernet1/0/1]port link?
  link-aggregation  Link aggregation group
  link-type         Set the link type

[5130-GigabitEthernet1/0/1]port link

Could you point me to the exact document for 5130 that reference 'port link-mode route' as available command? Either you read a document for different platform or there is an error in the document itself.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BadOnion

I didn't actually have the specific documentation for the model. I was just referring to all the examples I had seen for Comware 7 indicated that is how it was done. 

I did suspect that perhaps it wasn't supported, but wanted to know for sure.

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

5130-EI is an access layer switch and L3 ports is not something we see often in classical Campus Access Layer. Unfortunately there is no way to force 5130's ports to L3 mode, instead you need to use SVIs. But just to note - routed port is absolutely equal in capabilities to the following configuration:

vlan 4010
#
interface Vlan-inteface4010
 ip address 10.0.40.1 24
#
interface Gig1/0/1
 port link-mode bridge
 port link-type access
 port mode access
 port access vlan 4010

You can dedicate 28 unused VLANs (one per physical port of your switch) and create a mapping like in my examle - unique VLAN with Vlan-interface per single access port. Maybe not so convenient as with routed ports, but after all you get absolutely the same functionality.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo