1748045 Members
5081 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

s 7510 and "proxy dhcp"

EVoight
Occasional Contributor

s 7510 and "proxy dhcp"

I have recently replaced  a couple of cisco layer 3 35xx with s 7510's.  We are using pxe boot with dhcp relay agents on the vlan interfaces.  The previous cisco config allowed me to put two ip helper addresses on the vlan and accomplish the "proxy dhcp".  I have setup dhcp relay groups with multiple server and attached them to the vlan interfaces but the pxe option does not work correctly.  The pxe server is a fog box and the dhcp servers are novell.  Anyone ever run into this or know how to duplicate that function on the 7510?

3 REPLIES 3
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Re: s 7510 and "proxy dhcp"

My A5500 IRF stack handles PXE boot with DHCP proxy fine.  Here are the relevant parts of the config:

dhcp enable
 dhcp relay server-group 1 ip 10.1.1.2
 dhcp relay server-group 1 ip 10.1.1.3
 dhcp relay server-group 1 ip 10.1.1.4
interface Vlan-interface100
 dhcp select relay
 dhcp relay server-select 1

Note that the IP addresses in the server group contain both the normal DHCP server and the PXE DHCP relay.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Regards,
Paul
MS_MikeJ
Occasional Advisor

Re: s 7510 and "proxy dhcp"

I have a follow up question on this topic (sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to start a new thread).

I'm in the process of deploying VRF on my 7510 switches.

In doing this, I seem to have broken DHCP relay functionality on my 7510s.

Everything seems to be working fine except DHCP requests are no longer getting forwarded to the vpn-instance that has my dhcp / pxe servers in it.

Is there something special that needs to be done with DHCP relay if one is using MCE/VRF?

Thanks!

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: s 7510 and "proxy DHCP"

>I can't seem to figure out how to start a new thread.

You need to click on the New Post button when you are on a board, the FAQ

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting