1748285 Members
3723 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: wrong duplicate IP error messages on A5500

16again
Respected Contributor

From the number of users reporting this, a loop in your networks seems unlikey.  If you're already running latest A5500 firmware, try command from google translate link above to mask this error.

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

Does the commands will only mask or will solve the problem?
I'm asking this because I'm thinking that the problem perhaps can be caused by an out of date NIC driver. Or am I wrong thinking this way?
Thanks.
16again
Respected Contributor

Highly unlikely that a faulty NIC driver will loopback received packets. 
If these message are really caused by an issue on the network, the NIC with mentioned IP & MAC address isn't to blame.
Troubleshooting should focus on finding loopback on network port/segment where the duplicate address is detected

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

I have two buildings interconnected by a layer 2 ISP switches. The company is in the building #1 and our datacenter is in the building #2.

In the #2 I have another HPE V1910 48G and to provide access to a video solution, another switch (Dell) is plugged in the HPE through a fibre channel.

Yesterday I powered off this uplink to the Dell switch and "magically" the duplicated IP addresses alarm stopped from appear in the core switch. So I started to think that with this topology (each switch plugged in directly to the core (LAG 2GB)) I can not plug in another switch in the network that is not plugged directly to the core switch. This is my doubt now.

I appreciate the answers and as soon as possible I will post another comments.

EDIT #1: In my case this is a problem related to the NETBios name too. The company has some OS X workstations.

Thanks in advance.

16again
Respected Contributor

You should be able to plug in extra switch behind 1910 without problems.....as long as you're not creating a loop anywhere. Do 1910 and dell logs show related events?

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

Dell does not show nothing. HPE sometimes show the log error "gi1/0/x is up, down, up,down" but nothing more than that. I found today some machines alarming in the core switch and I discover that was the WINS server. I stopped the WINS and remove the option in the DHCP scope to distribute the wins (44 and 46 options). Now the OSx does not alarming anymore.
Another strange behaviour that happens is when I do a reboot in the server (can be the file server for an example) all other machines over the LAN loses the internet communication. In the afternoon today the building loses the electricity but the technical room has a no break to avoid this scenario because it happens almost one or two times per week. Speaking the truth, all the company loses the internet connection. I was forced to reboot the core, cleaning the arp table of all other switches. Unsatisfied I rebooted the core again and after this I was able to ping the firewall. :/
It is very strange.

RSTP is active only in the core switch with BPDU protection. All other switches are disable even the Dell that I disable RSTP today.

I am starting to think to left this area.

Thanks a lot.
16again
Respected Contributor

Why not use STP on other switches too?  It's designed to break loops, and maybe a loop is causing this

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

Should I enable rstp on all other boxes even if the rstp is enable on the core switch? I think if the core is the default gateway and the network core (routing everything) and all other switches are plugged in in the core, I don't need to enable in other switches, because the root of the network is controlling this. But I'm seeing that I'm wrong to think that. There's at least 8 vlans created in the switches, all 1910 has only the VID and the 5500 has the VID with the ip which is the gateway of that vlan. Can I assume the rstp default values in a port based vlan? Thank you.
16again
Respected Contributor

On a routed network, there's still a place for STP on the access switches.  You will get multiple stp  domains.   Use bpdu guard on access ports, so if you do interconnect access switches by accident, this link will block so packets can't leak to wrong core interface

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

Ok. Do I use the default values when enable rstp in the access switches? Enabling rstp can cause a loss of connectivity?
Sorry for the number of questions.
I let you know about the procedure.

Thanks.