8648 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: wrong duplicate IP error messages on A5500

16again
Respected Contributor

@
Your routing config is OK. No routing protocol used, and only direct attached routes and single default route

@Mike_ES                                  
Disabling STP on a single port seems to me functional very close to a BPDU filter which blocks all in/out-going STP packets on the port.
Do you have a better alternative command, mimicking cisco BPDU filter?

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

@Mike_ES                                  
Disabling STP on a single port seems to me functional very close to a BPDU filter which blocks all in/out-going STP packets on the port.
Do you have a better alternative command, mimicking cisco BPDU filter?

Please follow this link:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02583003

e.g.

<Sysname>system-view
[Sysname] interface GigabitEthernet 1/0/1
[Sysname-GigabitEthernet1/0/1] bpdu-drop any

Important info:

Not every Comware platform has this feature avaiable - for example HP 7506 Comware 5 doesn't have ;-)

Michal

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

So, do I need to maintain RSTP activate on this port and disable the BPDU traffic?

About the LAGs, is it right to activate the RSTP on these ports? (Aggregation 2 GB).

Thanks.

16again
Respected Contributor

@Mike_ES:
Indeed usefull command, but the use case in your link seems to me like plain STUPID.
If I want to block users from sending bogus BPDUs, a feature like bpdu-guard is a way better solution, without introducing the risk of creating loops.

@it_ejvnior
As soon as bpdu-drop is used, STP mode of that port has na effect. After all, STP packets are no longer allowed in/out of the port.

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

@16again The LAN is stable with the RSTP and BPDU activated in the workstation ports.

The messages of duplicated IP addresses are less frequent than before but still appear sometimes. What I think it is strange is a duplicated IP address from a switch. I have full control of the LAN IP addresses and I am quite sure about the distributed addresses even the addresses out of the distribution range.

I am thinking to fix the ARP table over the core switch but I do not know if it is a best practice and procedure to do and even if it will solve this issue.

Thanks in advance my friend.

EDIT #1: I'm reading some posts here and I found a RSTP config to the core switch as described below:

stp timer hello 100
stp timer forward-delay 400
stp timer max-age 600

My core switch has the following configuration:

Forward Delay: 1500
Hello Time: 200
Max Age: 2000
Instance ID 0
Root Type Primary
Bridge Priority 0

Do I need to change the configuration diminishing the values for a more faster convergence?

Thanks.

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

I think you mix two areas ;-)

One area is the convergence time and second area are you case - duplicated IPs.

I don't think that tuning RSTP timers will help you to resolve it

it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

But tuning the RSTP config can help me in the covergence?

Thanks for the reply.

johnk3r
Respected Contributor

I am facing the same problem.

In my scenario I'm using IRF + LACP. I will analyze and post news here ..

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
it_ejvnior
Frequent Advisor

I fix this checking all switches and all ports. Configuring each port that was misconfigured as an example, printer ports was as a trunk not access port. Checking the ports that need to be in access mode and checking the ports that has an access point attached to (in my case, a Cisco AP that forward tagged traffic) in hybrid mode and the Apple airport (access mode).

Disabling in the Mac OS X the feature in energy save that able the machine to communicate with the airport over the LAN through bonjour proxy.

This procedures doing with attention has fixed the issue and make my day more happy.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Now I'm going to STP questions.

:)

EDIT#1: No, I'm wrong. This won't solve the issue. I'm still getting the messages.

EDIT#2: The duplicated messages is solved. I changed all uplinks mode from static to dynamic, and the problem is gone.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

EDIT#3: The problem was solved changing the link aggregation mode from static to dynamic.