1753743 Members
5075 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Dual SSIDs on a HP850 UWW

hmcmahan
Occasional Visitor

Dual SSIDs on a HP850 UWW

I am the Network Admin for a school system and we have a HP850 UWW and around 450 MSM560 AP's.

I have a problem with clients attaching to the AP, namely ipads and do not know if they are attaching to the 2.4gHz network or the 5ghz network. We are using a school program that requires connection through the 5gHz.. I realize this is no longer a supported device but until I can move to another setup, its all I have.

Is there a way to have dual ssid's per AP? For example: PE-WLAN2 for the 2.4gHz band and PE-WLAN5 for the 5gHz band. I have tried going back through the manual to find an answer but 850+ pages is a little to much to keep my attention. If anyone has an answer and would share the secret, I would love to know if this is possible and how.

HMcMahan 

1 REPLY 1
Marky_Mark
Advisor

Re: Dual SSIDs on a HP850 UWW

Hello

I am also in a similar position in a school.  Don't know any apps that would require 5ghz! - but in answer to your question

Yes.

If you go to the AP Group section under AP,  and modify a group, you will see that there are separate sections for 2.4 and 5ghz.

Make another wireless service and move into the 5ghz, removing the original one from the 5ghz.  I havent personally tried that but it looks like it will work.