1753806 Members
7519 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Firmware Upgrade on WX3024 Fail

Jackyboy72813

Firmware Upgrade on WX3024 Fail

Hello,

I'm trying to download a file using FTP client to update, but I keep receiving the error: 

"FTP: Error Writing Local File: Remote is wrong!"

Even though I can confirm the file exists on my FTP server with the right privileges etc.

I have looked everywhere but can't find an answer. Does anybody know what could be wrong? 

Thanks for the help in advance...

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: Firmware Upgrade on WX3024 Fail

Hello,

This product is pretty old, as far as I can see the latest firmware was published in 2012. Did you check if you are installing a compatible firmware version?

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JD449A

Please provide the exact name of the firmware file you are trying to copy to the controller! (it should look something like WX3000-CMW520-R3111P12.bin)

Provide a screenshot of the CLI command you are executing in order to start the FTP download! The file should be saved under the name main.bin in the flash of the controller.

Maybe it would be good to use the dir command to check if there is enough space in flash for the new firmware.

Did you test another method of transferring the file? For example TFTP or HTTP?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

HonestTrooper
Occasional Visitor

Re: Firmware Upgrade on WX3024 Fail

@My Ground Biz wrote:

Hello,

This product is pretty old, as far as I can see the latest firmware was published in 2012. Did you check if you are installing a compatible firmware version?

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JD449A

Please provide the exact name of the firmware file you are trying to copy to the controller! (it should look something like WX3000-CMW520-R3111P12.bin)

Provide a screenshot of the CLI command you are executing in order to start the FTP download! The file should be saved under the name main.bin in the flash of the controller.

Maybe it would be good to use the dir command to check if there is enough space in flash for the new firmware.

Did you test another method of transferring the file? For example TFTP or HTTP?

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing