Comware Wireless / Unified Series
1753819 Members
8997 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

WX3010 Issue - wireless engine is up but switching engine is inaccessible.

dantaylor
Occasional Contributor

WX3010 Issue - wireless engine is up but switching engine is inaccessible.

Hi everyone,

I'm with an end user who has a WX3010 unified wireless switch and eight wireless access points. They experienced a power outage earlier in the week, and since then the wireless network has been down.

I can console onto the unit, and can access the wireless engine from that without any problems. The wireless engine has retained it's configuration and IP address, no problems there at all. However, the ethernet ports on the front of the switch are not responding or delivering any PoE. I cannot get into the switching engine using the 'oap connect slot' command, it just hangs and I have to disconnect using Ctrl+K command to get back to the wireless engine.

I've tried connecting directly to an ethernet port and using the default 192.168.0.101 address or it's configured IP address but there is no response, there is no physical ethernet connection as the laptop doesn't even see a connection on it's wired port.

As I was typing this, I've just seen a message on the console stating that "LSW boot failed, System will reboot at 10 seconds". I don't think that bodes well, it looks like the whole system is restarting on a regular basis now.

Any ideas? I'm suspecting that it's been damaged by the recent power outage but that doesn't explain why the wireless side is still responding.

I'd be grateful for any assistance. The end user site is fairly local so I can access it quite easily.

Thanks,