Converged Data Center Infrastructure
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Hyper Converged 250 (HC250) for Microsoft keeps you going

WhitneyGarcia

by Diana Zavala

I recently joined the hyper-converged team and spent some time with our product managers to gain a deeper understanding of our portfolio and added value to our customers. I was especially interested in the passion displayed by the hyper-converged product managers in helping customers solve problems. Medium sized businesses, enterprise companies with remote/branch offices, Line of Business IT departments, and service provides customers have all communicated to us that they’d like to:

• Deliver new services faster or be a service provider for their LOBs
  • Create a faster path to build out a hybrid cloud
  • Initiate flexible deployment options, off or on-premise
  • Carve out more time to spend developing applications.

During these sessions, I was exposed to our recent addition to the hyper-converged portfolio, HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft powered by Intel®. This hyper-converged appliance, purposely built for virtualization, condenses compute and storage into a single box providing customers the following benefits:

• Fast: Accelerate purchase, deployment, management and scaling with pre-configured appliances
  • Simple: Eliminate management complexity and reduce project risk
  • Efficient: Increase IT operation efficiency for lower operating expenditures (OPEX)

I quickly understood that with the HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft, we wanted to give customers the option of growing into the system with cloud as an option. The partnership between HPE and Microsoft Azure provides customers a hyper-converged appliance that delivers an enterprise-class virtualization experience out of the box—with the capability to add hybrid cloud capabilities when the time is right. Microsoft Azure is a collection of cloud services that customers can leverage in their datacenters. This capability lets customers use services such as Azure Back Up and Azure Site Recovery (coming soon!) to keep their business going.

By adopting the HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft, customers get the option to take advantage of the capability of Azure services without the need to download or configure additional software. Two of these services include:

• Azure Backup allows you to back up data from HPE’s Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft automatically to a local target within your datacenter and to the cloud. The benefit is that you don’t need to spend time designing a back-up solution, and you can keep business continuity in case something goes wrong. Now this will only work if the cluster goes down, but what if a natural disaster happens, like an earthquake or a flood?
  • Azure Site Recovery takes it one step further. Azure Site Recovery creates a virtual cluster that replicates the HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft. All you need to do is go into the Azure Site Recovery (ASR), declare your catastrophe, and ASR will begin functioning as the primary site. This allows for minimal downtime and can keep the business operating even in the event of catastrophic failure.

Now customers can use the HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft and Azure services to keep the business going in case something goes wrong in the datacenter or in the city, giving customers more time to spend on business innovation versus designing solutions from the ground up.

Read the solution brief to learn more about the HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft and get started.  

#AcceleratingSimplicity #HyperConverged

Diana

Keep up with HPE Converged Data Center Infrastructure on Facebook
Check out the new HPE Converged Systems Library
Follow us on Twitter @HPE_ConvergedDI
Join the Converged Infrastructure discussions on LinkedIn
Learn more about Intel®
Intel.png

• Hyper Converged
0 Kudos
About the Author

WhitneyGarcia

Comments
jfh1973

The installation guide is very unclear about the required domain controller. It says that at least one domain controller is needed with Windows Server 2012 or higher. What is meant by this? Can I have several Windows Server 2008 R2 DC's and 1 Windows Server 2012 or higher DC, or must all DC's be Windows Server 2012 or higher? What about the domain/forest functional level?

I need to install a HC250 soon, but I need to know if we first need to upgrade all DC's to 2012 or higher.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more