Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

dp restore to different server

Honored Contributor [Founder]

dp restore to different server

[ Edited ]

is it possible ,if yes how ?

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > System Administration to Data Protector Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: dp restore to different server

Yes, this is certainly possible.  When doing a REstore, and after picking what it is you want to Restore, on the 2nd page there is a field for Target system.  You must have a Disk Agent component installed on this system

Highlighted

When I use restore (by the object not from session due to online backup) I can see only the original client when I click on Target system I cannot see the client fro different server, so I try to add client to my DP. installation failed and I got the error "The distribution of Data Protector subproducts to this system failed because
it is already part of another cell. A client system can belong to only one cell. "

in my question I did a a backup from a server in same cell of course and want to restore to different server in another cell ??
HPE Expert

You would have to take the physical media to your new cell, import it, then do the restore

An alternate option could be to map a network share from the intended target to the system that is already a part of your current cell, and to restore data to that share.