ADMIN COOK OUT Aug 31, 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

ADMIN COOK OUT Aug 31, 2003

Ladies & Gents,

Sept 1, I'll light the Barby.
It is Labor Day in U.S. and If there is significant interest I'll load up the barby with Black Angus till the wallet screams stop!!!

I can provide Soft Drinks & directions. Since I don't drink, Booze is on Youse. (Pardon the Brooklynese)

Pool is open from 1:00 - Whenever.

RSVP: tsanko@neo.rr.com as well as here. Wife/accountant needs to know how many are interested. if sent to both places Wife can access.
30 REPLIES
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: ADMIN COOK OUT Aug 31, 2003

Tim,

Interesting - where is your barby located?

Pete

Pete
Chris Vail
Honored Contributor

P'raps a regional, or city-wide Syadmin cookout is more appropriate......I'm in the Austin area--anyone else nearby?

Chris
John Payne_2
Honored Contributor

City-wide? It would be like me, my family, and the neighbors dog. Just Kidding.

Tim, where are you at? I have something like 30 days of vacation to take still this year...

John
Spoon!!!!
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

his neo.rr.com address says he is somewhere in north east Ohio

maybe Akron?

Way too far from Oklahoma City for me to attend.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the invitation, but most of us are too far away to make it. Still, I'd like to see the look on your wife's face when you tell her tonight that you invited a few thousand of your ITRC friends over for a cookout! :)

JP
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Hey Chris Vail,

I'm not too far from you. I'm just up I-35 in Temple.

Chris Vail
Honored Contributor

Yo Patrick.....
We'll definitely have to get together for Geek Speak at some point....p'raps a Round Rock Express game this summer sometime.
I want to try on your towel..........
Email me private: "cvail "at" ercot dot com"

Chris
Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

Not Temple!!!!! MOVE QUICK! ;)

I spent 4 years in Ft. Hood (1984-1988), so know the area. Went bar hopping and concert going many times in Austin. I vacation in Dallas occasionally, I love Dinasaur Ntl. Park!

Now I'm back in Detroit area, but one day I hope to move back to that area. I miss the sun and warm weather!

Regards,
Shannon
Microsoft. When do you want a virus today?
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

I am in North East Ohio, South of Akron and Canton,
We have 20X40 in-ground pool, volleyball pit, basketball facilities, and a large Stainless Steel Barby.
As well a a Ponderosa Wood Playset for kids plus a steel swingset.

Anyone who knows Angus understands when I say I head out to South Dakota annually to stock the reefer. My vacation this year will be the annual pilgrimage to Mitchell,SD to purchase Angi. Five years ago, I roasted an OX, NEVER AGAIN.

As to location, I am located 15 miles south on 77 from Akron/Canton airport (CAK) for pilots and travelers.

5 years ago We had 150 Oracle DBAs and families at a pool party. (Boring lushes, I prefer outlandish lushes.

The wife expects me to re -side the house for opening it up to guests again...

Tim

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Tim,

While the offer is intriguing, Ohio is just a bit outside of my travel range for vacation time this. My vacation will probably be spent in Atlanta at HP World.

Chris Vail,

A RR Express game sounds good to me. There's a couple of July weekends that are already booked though. If you want e-mail me at

wallekp(at)wilsonart(dot)com
Dario_1
Trusted Contributor

Tim:

Thank you for the invitation. I will have to pass on this one. I am too far (Florida), and I just started this new job 4 months ago. No vacation yet which is even worst. Anyway, it was very nice of you.

Have a good one!!!

DR
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Solution

Tim,

It's kind of a long haul for me (from Vermont), but it's right after the missus finishes her Master's program. She might be ready for a little roaming/vacation. I always wanted to show her my folks' hometown of Hudson, anyway. We'll have to see. Maybe we can talk John Meissner into it and have a Marine reunion!!

As to your Angus preference, is it really all that much different? We get Angus in the grocery stores around here, but I don't notice all that much difference between it and Choice. Maybe getting it right from the source helps. I used to be a butcher and I do a little home remodeling on the side. Bring a whole one back with you - we'll cut it up, then re-side your house!!

Pete

Pete
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

Pete,

If the Captain can illuminate you, Angus is the best quality We get around her, but I don't get it at the local Fisher's food. I roam around the countryside and find a fat young steer, and have it butchered. The farmer makes money, so does the butcher, and I save money while getting the best meat I can buy...

Tim
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

Pete, John, and all USMC,

All Marines, regardless of rank are welcome!

Tim
Tim D Fulford
Honored Contributor

I'd love to come over.... but Blightty (OK England. other side of the puddle) to US no can do ... :-(

I hope you have a great time & Angus forgives you

Tim
-
Mike Fisher_5
Trusted Contributor

Why do you do no labour on labor day?
Wish I had the pockets/time to come
Don't get mad - get naked
Steven E. Protter
Exalted Contributor

My hats off to the USMC and all armed forced members. Great job. Stay safe. Thanks for protecting us civies.

I would be happy to do a small get together for Chicago admins that weekend. I wonder if there is any interest. It would have to be Kosher and there'd have to be a wee bit of contribution per visitor, but I think it would be fun.

SEP
Steven E Protter
Owner of ISN Corporation
http://isnamerica.com
http://hpuxconsulting.com
Sponsor: http://hpux.ws
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpuxlinux
Founder http://newdatacloud.com
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Anyone else from Austin/Dallas Area??

Tim,
Thanks for the invitation but the vanue is little far from Texas!

-USA..

Good Luck..
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

15 miles south of Canton...anywhere near New Philadelphia or Dover???

/r
Ken Hubnik_2
Honored Contributor

Uday ... Patrick
What about Houston my friends?? How are things in my hometown??
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Rita,

According to my map, you're about 15 miles to far south. It's between Canton and Dover.

Pete

Pete
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

All,

I am north of Bolivar, and south of Canton.

The house is off of the 100 Mile Marker exit of route 77.

Tim
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

I can pretty well assure you all that the Mrs. wouldn???t consent to a road trip of that magnitude just for a BB-Q since we also have a 60th wedding anniversary celebration to attend the same weekend ;-(

I guess the bottom line is that if there isn???t anything in the OKC area that we can just drop in on then we most likely won???t be able to do anything like it on that weekend.

Bummer???

Great thought, though!!
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
doug mielke
Respected Contributor

okay Tim, I need help.
Just how do you get the signifant other to consent to having a group over who'll be YACCing about computers and work. She must be a gem.

Sorry to miss this, but my 'she' has already made plans for me that I'm sure involve my spending time and money on her.