108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: As long as I'm backup happy...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

As long as I'm backup happy...

I have, along with my 10.20 server, an E55 running 10.01. I noticed the 'make_recovery' command wouldn't work here. Is there a patch for 10.01? Can I ftp the file to my E55 and run it then??

ron irving
rirving@mossergrp.com
Should have been an astronaut.
3 REPLIES 3
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Check this thread...make_recovery is part of the Ignite-UX utilities and according to what this says, it was first made available to the 10.01 operating system.

http://software.hp.com/products/IUX/docs/intro_doc.html

Regards,
Rita

.....close..but looks like you just made it !
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Ok...I downloaded, and installed ignite for 10.01. I tried to run the 'make_recovery' command, but it came back with errors about lvol's not being active, and 'couldn't reach host', etc...any ideas??

just me again...
Should have been an astronaut.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Check and make sure you can resolve hostname with nslookup by IP and then nslookup by hostname. If it doesn't come back with the same than you need to address this first (make_recovery requires resolution).
The problem could be an error in your /etc/hosts file; or could be your nsswitch.conf file is set up incorrectly -
I have mine on first line as:
hosts: files[NOTFOUND=continue UNAVAIL=continue] dns [NOTFOUND=return UNAVAIL=co
ntinue TRYAGAIN=return]
...or an error in your DNS server (if you have that setup) , or your /etc/resolv.conf.

This should help give you a start on things to check,
Rita