7732 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BCV Backup failure

joseph51
Regular Advisor

BCV Backup failure

Hi,

I have a production server HESPDU03 where oracle is running on this. We have setup the BCV backup for this server through one of the backup server PRIBKUP.Today i got the message that the backup job failed.When i am checking the PRIBKUP server, i can see that all the volumes from the production server HESPDU03 is mounted on the backup server PRIBKUP.And when i checked the log files in /home/oracle/DBAbatch/log/hesprdw_bcv_totape_A.log ,i can see the failure message as

ANS1809W A session with the TSM server has been disconnected. An attempt will be
made to reestablish the connection.
A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:14 A Reconnection attempt w
ill be made in 00:00:13 A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:12
A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:11 A Reconnection attempt will
be made in 00:00:10 A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:09 A Re
connection attempt will be made in 00:00:08 A Reconnection attempt will be m
ade in 00:00:07 A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:06 A Reconn
ection attempt will be made in 00:00:05 A Reconnection attempt will be made
in 00:00:04 A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:03 A Reconnecti
on attempt will be made in 00:00:02 A Reconnection attempt will be made in 0
0:00:01 A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:00 ... failed

Can anyone tell me ,Is this an network issue or ..? And how to check the status of BCV mirror.I have attached the details log message
please help to resolve this issue
2 REPLIES 2
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: BCV Backup failure

Hi

How is this a problem with the BCVs? Once the BCV file systems are mounted and sync'd its over. Then its up to the backup application to back the data up from the new / BCV file systems.

This is a Tivoli Storage Manager issue. It belongs to the backup administrator and IBM. And as you are pointing out, there is a network problem. Not uncommon if you are using the network as a backup mechanism.

Question: Are the tape drives being used to backup the BCVs on the same server? Because this is the whole point of using one server for BCV backups, directly mounted tape drives on the BCV server.

If so, then I would even doubt this error came from the BCV server, and not another server being backed up in the same time period.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
joseph51
Regular Advisor

Re: BCV Backup failure

Thanks for your response