Operating System - HP-UX
1753883 Members
7720 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/PIN/sapreorg && /usr/sap/PIN/SYS/exe/run/brtools -f

prasadsure
Occasional Contributor

BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/PIN/sapreorg && /usr/sap/PIN/SYS/exe/run/brtools -f

Hi,

We are using my SAP. But we are facing our Br Archieve some time success and some times fails. In the fail time i got this error. Plesae suggest me.

Please find the error in the attached JPG File.

BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/PIN/sapreorg && /usr/sap/PIN/SYS/exe/run/brtools -f detach LANG=C cpio -iuvB .tape.hdr0 < /dev/rmt/1mn':

BR0279E Return code from 'LANG=C cd /oracle/PIN/sapreorg && /usr/sap/PIN/SYS/exe/run/brtools -f detach LANG=C cpio -iuvB .tape.hdr0 < /dev/rmt/1mn':2

BR0359E Restore of /oracle/PIN/sapreorg/.tape.hdr0 from /dev/rmt/1mn failed due to previous errors

BR0218E Checking label on volume in device /dev/rmt/1mn failed
3 REPLIES 3
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Re: BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/PIN/sapreorg && /usr/sap/PIN/SYS/exe/run/brtools -f

Hi,

Please post the following command output:

ioscan -fnCtape

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
prasadsure
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am already using that command.

Regards
S.Prasad
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hi,

brarchive works fairly simple.
- It writes a header file when it starts working.
- It backs up Oracle Archivelogs
- when it finishes, it tries to read the beginning of the tape to verify, it still contains the header it has written at starttime.

It looks very much, that this header verification fails for whatever reason.
a) tape hardware is defective
b) tape is rewinded during the backup process, either by command, by concurrent use of tape device or by ejecting and reinserting the tape.
c) illegal drop of the brarchive semaphre file and therfore concurrent use of two brarchive processes to the same tape.

To show the tape header before you backup, use

brarchive -c -u / -i show -n 1

Run the same command after your brarchive run and compare the header data that is printed. You should notice diffrent timestamps and tape_use_counters.

Could you provide the result of the following commands:

1) ls -lart /oracle/PIN/saparch/ | tail -40
2) grep tape $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/initPIN.sap
3) tail -60 brarchive_logfile_of_aborted_run

And last:
the commandline you use to call brarchive.

Volker