1752749 Members
5050 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C-ISAM

C-ISAM

We will shortly be migrating our C-ISAM database (on HP-UX 10.20, 32 bit) to a new server (HP-UX 11, 32 bit). Is it possible to restore informix directly onto the server or do we need to re-install? Does anyone have HP-UX 11, 32 bit with C-ISAM Version 7.11.UC1 ?
2 REPLIES 2
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: C-ISAM

I haven't tried it with 11.00/32 bit, because I felt upgrading to 11.00 and 32 bit was a waste.

BUT, I did upgrade (cold install) 11i (64 BIT mode), and RESTORED our c-isam files and applications and they worked WITHOUT compiling, linking, jumping, or screaming. Of course EVERY place is different, so I suggest you do what we did: TEST THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYTHING!

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Mike Still
Occasional Advisor

Re: C-ISAM

I did a cold install of 11i 32-bit and a new install of C-ISAM. Recompiled my app after that. I would think an 11.00 system would behave the same.

If you can't do this then I would take a look at the install script and see what it does to make sure you can replicate the changes on the new install.

Installing C-ISAM was just plain easy and worked just like the old versions.. I went from 9.04 to 10.20 to 11i with the same C-ISAM.