Operating System - HP-UX
1753756 Members
4665 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CRITICAL Event Code:199 message in sylog.

jagdeesh
Frequent Advisor

CRITICAL Event Code:199 message in sylog.

Hello,

I am getting the following message in syslog so frequently.Oct 24 20:28:13 venus syslog: CRITICAL Event Code=199; Description=Lost connecti
on to host.; Unknown FRU Location; Hardware Address=0/0/2/1.6.0; Unknown Vendor
ID; Unknown Model ID; Unknown Product S/N; Latest information on this event at h
ttp://docs.hp.com/hpux/content/hardware/ems/RemoteMonitor.htm#199
Oct 24 20:28:32 venus syslog: CRITICAL Event Code=199; Description=Lost connecti
on to host.; Unknown FRU Location; Hardware Address=0/0/2/0.6.0; Unknown Vendor
ID; Unknown Model ID; Unknown Product S/N; Latest information on this event at h
ttp://docs.hp.com/hpux/content/hardware/ems/RemoteMonitor.htm#199

I have a vpar implemented in this system. I loaded the latest patch for STM also.But still i am getting this message. Can anybody help me in this case....

thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9
Jean-Louis Phelix
Honored Contributor

Re: CRITICAL Event Code:199 message in sylog.

Hi,

What is connected to this HW 0/0/2/1.6.0 ?

Regards,

Jean-Louis.
It works for me (┬й Bill McNAMARA ...)
Bruno Vidal
Respected Contributor

Hi
Take care about the STM version,
For vpar you need at least A.31.00
(you can look at it by using cstm).
But did you look at your disk (I think it is a vg00 disk). It is an internal disk.

Bye.
jagdeesh
Frequent Advisor

This is an N4000 system,the device at that HW path are internal HDDs and are not belongs to this particular partition. Actually devices are working fine. I have STM A.30.10. even after shutdown the stm also i am getting this message. First of all my questition is, y it is giving messages related to those devices which are not belong to this particula partition.
Vincente Fernandes
Valued Contributor

Maybe time to revisit your vpar partition configuration. How long has the partition been created and anything changed since then?
jagdeesh
Frequent Advisor

Its been working fine since 4 months & even now. None of the resources are getting conflicted between two partitions. No modifications done to vpar. For more details on vpar please see the attachments.
jagdeesh
Frequent Advisor

In the previous reply i attached vparstatus output. The HW path it showing in the syslog, belongs to partition 'mercury' and the message is coming on patrition 'venus' syslog. when u run logtool utilit from 'mercury', it doesn't give any errors related to that HW. From 'venus' u can't even see the device (which it is showing in syslog---since it is not own by venus) in ioscan.

I dont expect any thing wrong from STM necause, even after shutting down the STM also, the messages is coming to syslog. I think above mentioned details about the proble is clear. Any inputs...... please welcome.

Thanks.
Jean-Louis Phelix
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think that Bruno had found your problem. It's clearly stated in http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/1705/vParsconfigguidelines_021016.pdf that at least STM B.11.11.07.23, or later is required. I've heard that A.33.00 is not really 'bug free', so you could even install the latest STM A.34.00 with patch PHSS_27812.

Your messages are sent by EMS rather than directly by STM.

Regards,

Jean-Louis.
It works for me (┬й Bill McNAMARA ...)
Hamdy Al-Sebaey
Regular Advisor

hi,
I think that you can find this error code onder
#/usr/include/sys/errno.h

regards,
Hamdy

Thanks for sharing knowledge
jagdeesh
Frequent Advisor

Hello ,

I remove OnlineDiag form the system and tested, still the message appearing the message. I installed latest OnlineDiag (11.11.08.12), STM A.34.00 and tested, but no luck. I removed OnlineDiag from the othere partition also and applied 11.11.08.12 (STM 1.34.00). Now both the partitions having the same version of OnlineDiag. Still i m getting the same message. I m not able to find because of what this message coming. Can it be anything from vpar side? I have vpar A.01.01.00 installed on both the partitions.

Thanks