4351 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connect to IBM's DB2/MVS from HP-UX: code pages

SOLVED
Go to solution

Connect to IBM's DB2/MVS from HP-UX: code pages

Hi,
I??ve set up a connection from hpux 11.00 to the mainframe db2 via "Connect Enterprise Edition for HP-UX 7.1.0.43". The connection seems to work, at least login data is checked in the mainframe but I get this error message when I try to connect.

SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "1051" to
the target code page "UNKNOWN". Reason Code "3". SQLSTATE=57017
4 REPLIES 4
Francis_12
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Connect to IBM's DB2/MVS from HP-UX: code pages

Hello,

For me, this issue is related to a codepage not correctly set on your HP-UX client box.

I made some google.com investigations and found out this :
http://www.developer.ibm.com/tech/faq/individual/0,1324,1%253A247%253A249%253A3%253A77935,00.html

Can you check if changing this setting might help ?

Also check this :
http://webdocs.caspur.it/ibm/web/udb-6.1/db2m0/sql0300.htm
(look for SQL0332N and look at the explanations)

Another thing. I recently faced a problem with DB2 code pages differences in a backup/restore problem where the user had to use :

db2set DB2CODEPAGE=819
db2set DB2COUNTRY=1

To correctly map the db2 database codepages.

Maybe a search on db2set DB2CODEPAGE might also help you. Maybe you need to set them accordingly to what has been defined on the mainframe before connecting from hp-ux ?

Hope this helps,

Bye.

Francis - HP-UX ASCE.

Thanks a lot Francis. I check it out but it didn't work.
1.-I appended
[Common]
DisableUnicode=1
to the db2cli.ini and after db2stop/db2start I got the same error when I try to connect.
2.-I ran db2set DB2CODEPAGE=1141 (this is the mainframe SCCSID) but after that I couldn't run db2, I got 'SQL10007N Message "-1390" could not be retrieved. Reason code: "5"'. So I wasn't able to run the db2connect
Anyway I appreciate your information, I didn't knew that.
Regards,
Fernando

Thanks a lot Francis. I check it out but it didn't work.
1.-I appended
[Common]
DisableUnicode=1
to the db2cli.ini and after db2stop/db2start I got the same error when I try to connect.
2.-I ran db2set DB2CODEPAGE=1141 (this is the mainframe SCCSID) but after that I couldn't run db2, I got 'SQL10007N Message "-1390" could not be retrieved. Reason code: "5"'. So I wasn't able to run the db2connect
Anyway I appreciate your information, I didn't knew that.
Regards,
Fernando
Francis_12
Trusted Contributor

Hello back again,

SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "1051" to
the target code page "UNKNOWN". Reason Code "3". SQLSTATE=57017

For me means that your HP-UX box is using a code page different than the mainframe. HP-UX seems to be set as 1051 and the HP-UX setting for the target is not set at all.

I'm sorry to not be able to help you more. This issue should be raised to your IBM support, they certainly know the root cause of this.

Bye.

Francis.