1753481 Members
4723 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Copy of Oracle 7.1.6 for HP Unix

Maddy van der Bokke
Occasional Contributor

Copy of Oracle 7.1.6 for HP Unix

My company has an old outdated database which they have recently requested that we revive but since we no longer have a copy of Oracle 7.1.6 for HP Unix we are unable to do as they ask and Oracle has told us it is not supported so that cannot send us a copy. If there is anyone out there who still has a copy of it, can you help us out.
4 REPLIES 4
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Re: Copy of Oracle 7.1.6 for HP Unix

Hi Maddy,

as far as I remember, 7.1 can be upgraded directly to 7.3.
If the database is small I would at least try it, if you only need the data, and have no need to revive an old 7.1-fitting application.

BTW: 7.1.6 is not Y2K compliant.

- Get a copy of 7.3.3.something (7.3.4 is not directly possible as far as I remember, but I would check it, as 7.3.4 is still on support ?????)
- Install SW
- Restore DB
- Set up init.ora ponting to all correct controlfiles and so on.
- start the 7.1.6 DB with the 7.3.3 executables
- run the upgradescripts as described in the upgrade manual of oracle 7.3.3 (several !)
- i.E cat7106.sql, cat 7201.sql ...

Your DB will be on 7.3.3 and data should be accessable.

BTW 7.3.3 is not Y2K compliant either,
you'll need immediate upgrade to 7.3.4.6 afterwards or go to 8.x
And your application may have trouble, as SQL-NET 1 connect is no longer working.

Do not know if this is really of help
Volker
Maddy van der Bokke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, we have already installed 7.3.4.1 on the server as well as recovered the database files, that was our thought as well, we were just trying to get an old copy so the upgrade would not be necessary and we do know that it is not Y2K, we have upgraded that system to Oracle 8, but this is some of the old history that was not migrated and is now needed.
Vijender Sandella

Maddy,

I got 7.2.2.3.0.
I am not sure about the legal complications on sharing such a software.

VJ.
A place for everything & everything in it's place. A time for everything & everything on it's time.
Maddy van der Bokke
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply and the offer of 7.2.2.3, but with further testing we now know that the original database was not on HP and the database header information does not allow us to bring it up under any version on HP since it will not recognize the file type. So.. we are now trying to revive the original server and then perform and export and import it into a database on HP. Thanks again for all that answered.