Did you mean: 

DB2000 installation problem

ARUN_19
Advisor

DB2000 installation problem

H/W: HP9000 Sereis 800 Model F30
O/S: HP-UX 10.2
PROBLEM:
1. While trying to install Oracle 7server enterprise edition,version7.3.4 , faced problem in reading the
CD-media.The files were appearing in CAPSLETTERS/WITH COLON(;) and so on.
Commands used were:
#mount -o noversion

Then the media was monted with the following command:
#mount -o cdcase

Now the files appear normal i.e: in lowercase,but upon invoking orainst, it comes out with an error that the the terminal type defined is not supported & could not find resourcefile for the terminal. The error also contains a list of supported terminals.Tried different terminal emulations like VT100,VT200,VT220, etc with the same result. Later the CD was mounted with the following command.
#pfs_mount
With this mount command and terminal defined as VT220(TERM and ORACLE_TERM=VT220)
the oracle installation went through.

2. Now trying to install Developer 2000 release 1.3.2 for HP9000 series 700/800
Facing the same problem as in previous case i.e the installtion does not proceed with the error message terminal type defined is not supported, no matter which ever the emulation is defined. Even the pfs_mount command used in earlier case did not solve the problem.

3. Different relevant options with mount and pfs_mount commnad were tried (like no_version,lower_case,unix,iso9660,hsfs,rrip,cdcase) etc.
Any Clues???
3 REPLIES
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: DB2000 installation problem

I think you need to use pfs_mount rather than mount. See this thread:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x90415c7609e9d61190050090279cd0f9,00.html

Pete

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sorry - now that I've finished reading your question, I see you've already tried pfs_mount. Perhaps the RockRidge Extension patches may be of some help. They're also referenced in the thread I gave you.

Pete

Pete
ARUN_19
Advisor

closing old threads