5037 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error creating RAC configuration

Arturo_5
Advisor

Error creating RAC configuration

Hello Folks,

I am configuring a RAC enviroment over HPUX ver 11.23 and Oracle 9.2.1.0, also i had instalalled Service Guard ver. A.11.15.00 and Service Guard extencion for RAC ver A.11.15.00.

Well, i had applied all requeriment previous to the installation of this such as: enviroment variable, cluster configuration, shared volumens, srvm shared volume, ascii file for DBCA configuration, etc.

After the installation proccess (this finshed ok) begin the configuration proccess, this last ask to me the type of configuration (clusterd / singled instance). I select the firts one and afte the installer send the next message: gsd is no running exec $ORACLE_HOME/bin/gsdctl start on both nodes.

When i try to do this the sistem reportme the next message: Failed to start GSD on local node.

Some one had this expirience?

Best regards
4 REPLIES 4
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Re: Error creating RAC configuration

Ok. You should have at least one shared disk configured, with some lvols created. If you were following the Oracle information on it, you should have something like "srvconfig" lvol. Verify that this entry is in the /var/opt/oracle/srvConfig.loc file (should be pointing to the character device). After this run "srvconfig -init" (if this fails, add "-f" onto it to force it).

Then try the "gsdctl start" and see if that works.

If it doesn't, post back in, and we will have to track down your config entry.

Thanks,

Brian
Arturo_5
Advisor

Hello,

You are right, i have configured the next share volumen
database_object=/dev/vg02/rsrvconfig

I found a oracle document (attach) that refers this type of error after executed the next command #$ORACLE_HOME/bin/srvconf -init -f(error 1064 General exception in OCR). I followed its instruction but the error continue. In addition i did not understend the 3er item especificly the command #touch /shared/srvm.dbf

Somo suggestion
Arturo_5
Advisor

Brian,

After a exhaustive analisis i decided to reinstall all the RAC.

Just before finished the installation, the procces need run a shell on both nodes, well in node1 the shell ran with any problem but in the node2 it send a error indicating that "nof fount /var/opt/oracle, can not create srvConfig". :O

I checked this and decided create manually (#mkdir /var/opt/oracle; chmod 775 /var/opt/oracle; chown oracle:dba /var/opt/oracle) after again ran the shell and boila...!!!

I think that probably this error is a little bug that our oracle friends.
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

It isn't quite a bug. This is a requirement to run the gsdctl commands, but isn't a requirement to run RAC. You can get it running manually, and you can also copy that file from your initial node to get access to the srvConf.loc setting.

Brian