1752794 Members
6132 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FTAM error

ALLAN NAVARRO
Occasional Contributor

FTAM error

What seems to be our problem? This message appears on our ftam for HP715 workstation running on 10.01 HP-UX.

Abnormal termination.
Message from host:
Responder Error (unspecific)
PROTOCOL ERROR: Could not make state transition to "I_TERRQ" from current state "SELECTED" (log_instance:4
29, FTAM error_id 1007 = "FTAM protocol error (unspecific)")
2 REPLIES 2
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Wow, you must be suffering from the lack of replies! however, I simply cant find any info on your error at all, anywhere, and I work at HP. Not the specific error you have anyway. All the info Ive scoured suggests the only way to fix this is to reboot your workstation.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Well I couldn't find specific answers to your problems...but I hope I'm not out of line by just rambling on some information...FTAM (File Access Transfer, and Management Protocol) is the utility with the problem. Your error indicates possibly a protocol recognition problem, thus causing the process to time out and 'die'. Maybe you could run some diagnostic tools that would give you a little more information when the condition occurs again while your running some diag tools. Here's some info I found on the IT Resource...it may or may not help. But it is a start:

OTS and FTAM Tracing/Formatting Tools

The best tool to use is ositrace, which is available from the HP Response
Center. It is not on the product media. ositrace starts nettl tracing and
logging, gives the user a shell to reproduce the problem, and then creates an
output file that contains the OTS and FTAM configuration, status, and nettl
log/trace information.

Use ositrace in conjunction with osidiag. For example, to do OTS Transport
tests or FTAM tests. osidiag is menu driven and fairly easy to use.

In the absence of ositrace, use other commands such as osidiag and osipdufmt which often can get you an extremely useful nettl trace of the problem.
The OSI Troubleshooting Guide, available from the HP Documentation Website, http://docs.hp.com, under the Networking/Communications OSI section, contains excellent step by step troubleshooting procedures to follow.

Hope this helps.
Regards,