5108 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fail to restore Informix Database on another host

Yan Wong
Frequent Advisor

Fail to restore Informix Database on another host

Hi Folks,

I set up a new host with HP-UX 11.0 and Informix Database server. I then added this new host to cell manager DP 5.0. As I run an Informix restore to this newly built host, the client host name in the last restore screen failed to address this new host name. It gives the original host name.

Any ideas.

Yan
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

Yan,

Yes it will. DP reads the information from its databse where the old host name still exists and is "linked" to that restore session.

In GUI under restore there is the destination tab. From here, you'll have to "Restore to new location" and select your new host.

It might seem strange but it does actually make sense.

Regards
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

When you restore of informix database on another server. You have to create the dbspaces exactly the same it was on the backup server and then modify the barlist to have the client name changed to new host where you are restoring.
Once its done you run the informix integration utility to see the integration is correct and then finally do the restore.

Cheers
Rajeev
Yan Wong
Frequent Advisor

I did select the "Restore to client" to the new built host. After I click the "Restore Informix" button, a new "Start restore session" window pops up and it shows the original host name under the client column. That is what I'm worry about as I don't want this restore to run on the original host.