Operating System - HP-UX
1753649 Members
5928 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: File System Error Message on XP512 Disks Storage HP11.00

Radu Bogdan

File System Error Message on XP512 Disks Storage HP11.00

I have an failure File System created on XP512 Storage Lun Space into HP N Class Server HP 11.0
In /mntbc File System we cannot acces /md directory with following error in Syslog File of Server:

Oct 6 11:02:54 biller vmunix: vxfs: mesg 003: vx_mapbad - /dev/vgxp01/lvxp001 file system free exte
nt bitmap in au 0 marked bad
Oct 6 11:06:35 biller vmunix: vxfs: mesg 010: vx_ialloc - /mntbc file system inode 4 not free
Oct 6 11:06:35 biller vmunix: vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - /mntbc file system error reading inode
Oct 6 11:10:58 biller vmunix: vxfs: mesg 017: vx_dirlook - /mntbc file system inode 7 marked bad
Oct 6 11:10:58 biller vmunix: vxfs: mesg 008: vx_direrr - /mntbc file system inode 2 block 11015 er
ror 6
Please tell the reasons and how this can be prevented.
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Try running "fsck -y /dev/vgxp01/rlvxp001".

Pete

Pete
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

These errors indicate the file system is bad. You need to attempt to recover it with

fsck -F vxfs -o full, nolog /dev/vg05/rlvol or whatever the logical volume is.

Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Radu Bogdan

Thank's for all,
Hello Mark and Pete
I run both command but what I recovered is in other directory structure.
No metter,my problem is strange because I have the same problem in other machine, V Class, with the same HP 11.0 OS.
I have configured other file system on XP512 Storage and after some days of properly work I receive the same error.
I check to see if I have patch for XP512 and I have.
Until now I not discover from where I have this problem.

I look forward for your oppinion

Thank's in advance
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

Is it possible that someone is creating logical volumes using physical volumes on one machine and the same physical volumes on another machine are also being used in a different volume group. THe same physical volumes can have different device names when seen from another host. This is just a possibility.

Remember, if you have to use "pvcreate -f" you probably haven't been as careful as you could!
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Questions:
- What FC-HBA are you using? Are you up to patches on your FC subsystem?
- Do you have the latest patches for VxFS, LVM, etc?
- Are you multi-pathing your XP512 LUNs such that the're "visible/accessible" from any FC path/host?
Do a clean sweep of critical patches.. use ITRC Custom Patch Manager services to see if you're missing a very critical patch.

Hakuna Matata.