1753274 Members
4822 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP_UX 11.0 with patches

malki_3
Frequent Advisor

HP_UX 11.0 with patches

I installed a HP9000 machine with HP_UX version 11.0 and I have installed some patches for inetd for example..I want to know if someone can give me what patches are recomanded and if there's other softs that I must install also for to have a good level of operating system
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: HP_UX 11.0 with patches

Go to ITRC.hp.com and download the latest Quality Pack. Install that.

Pete

Pete
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

A current Quality Pack Bundle (QPK) provides a rigorously tested, generally applicable set of patches.

You can obtain it on CDROM or download it from the ITRC:

http://us-support.external.hp.com/common/bin/doc.pl/screen=commonExtensionSW/sid=7ab9f35113a3a16e75

Additional links at the above URL will give you a better understanding of Support Plus patch bundles:

http://www.software.hp.com/SUPPORT_PLUS/qpk.html

Regards!

...JRF...
malki_3
Frequent Advisor

There's no list of patches that we must checked
on each version of HP_UX..?
The qpq is very big..
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

As James pointed out, it's kind of a "one size fits all" solution. When you install the quality pack, swinstall will select only those patches that are applicable to your system. And, to answer your question, no, there's no list, the quality pack itself is the list.

Pete

Pete
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

While the Quality Pack is a large bundle, it is likely that not all will apply to your configuration. By default, 'swinstall' will not reinstall patches that are already present. If you choose the 'patch_match_target' option, only patches which are applicable to your configuration will be installed. This is the desired and proper action to choose.

Patches are cumulative and the more regularly you apply bundles like these the smaller the number of patches that will be selected and applied.

Regards!

...JRF...