Operating System - HP-UX
1752294 Members
4734 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-UX on Itanium CPUs and Oracle RAC.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Anand_31
Advisor

HP-UX on Itanium CPUs and Oracle RAC.

Hi folks,

I am building an implementation plan for Oracle 9i Release 2 RAC on HP Itanium Processors (running HP-UX). The certification from Oracle 9i Rel 2 RAC on HP-UX (Itanium) is for 11.22 and 11.23 OS versions.

Could someone kindly point me to a source where i can find the clusterware certification as well and the required patches for ensuring a smooth install/config from the OS and cluster perspective?

The info i need is about OS patches for HP-UX on Itanium and the MC/ServiceGuard cluster patches for Oracle 9i Rel 2 RAC (9.2.0.4).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Anand
6 REPLIES 6
Andreas D. Skjervold
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Anand

The OS patches according to Metalink Note 169706.1 (Requirements Quick Reference)

HP-UX 11.22 (IA64) Operating System Patches:
PHSS_27284
PHSS_27285
PHSS_27286
PHSS_27287
PHSS_27288
PHSS_27289
PHSS_27290
PHSS_27291
PHSS_27292
PHSS_27293
PHKL_28465

Found no info about 11.23 patches.

rgds
Andreas
Only by ignoring what everyone think is important, can you be aware of what everyone ignores!
Anand_31
Advisor

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I will search more for 11.23 details.

Good day.
Anand
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Please consider moving to 11.23 at your earliest convenience. The 11.22 release was an relatively early release to allow for early adaptors. Call it an SDK if you like. I would recommend to discourage new implementation plans for that release.

As an example, a test I was involved with showed high system time for rapid firing Oracle activations under 11.22, fixed in 11.23.

(Not speaking for HP, just an opinion).

Regards,
Hein.

Anand_31
Advisor

Hello Hein,

Thank you for your recommendation. Infact we were thinking on the same lines too.

Regards
Anand
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

WE jumped onto the Itanium Bandwagon early, and found some rocky ground with 11.22.

We exchanged the itanium for an rp. However, the rx box was wicked fast...

There was difficulty with early 11.22 for MC/ServiceGuard, that is supposed to be fixed. We found less grief and adequate performance with the RP's

Tim
Anand_31
Advisor

Hi
Tim,

Thanks for your recommendations. We are still thinking of going ahead on Titanium, not sure which model it will be.

regards
anand