Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP9000 w/ Informix & Oracle

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

HP9000 w/ Informix & Oracle

We are considering purchasing Oracle for our HP 9000 K-370 Server, but I have a question. Can Oracle and Informix reside on the same machine or is there a problem running both databases on the same box? I would love to scrap Informix and go all Oracle, but some of our applications are not ported for Oracle yet.
1 REPLY
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP9000 w/ Informix & Oracle

Hi Darren:

No the two products will co-exist just fine. The problems you will encounter will be resources if both are whomping big databases and need tons of shared memory. You could also be processor bound. I would certainly make sure I'm running 2 or more processors and have plenty of memory. The good news is that there are no inherent problems with running both products simultaneously and with a bit of work will even talk to each other.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.