6712 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPIB installation on Visualize B1000

T.S.SHIVAKUMAR
Occasional Advisor

HPIB installation on Visualize B1000

Dear friends,
I am trying to install a HPIB card(E2078, PCI) on my B1000 m/c.I have installed the sicl (Standard Instrument Control Library) software which comes with the hardware.I have also configured the hardware using the "iosetup" utility after installing sicl.But I find that the hardware is not claimed;the driver for the device is supposed to be "sicl".SAM shows "sicl" as "in".
Below is the output of "ioscan -fn| grep PCI" :
unknown -1 10/1/5/0 UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN PCI(10b59050) -
As you can see, the instance number is -1.I have got a working setup in another B1000 where the instance no. is "0".Is this the problem.Please enlighten me on the importance of the instance no. and how to modify it if I have to.
I have compared everything with the working setup but find no other difference other than this.The patches installed are also comparable.What else should I see? I have even tried swapping the PCI slot with no result.
How else do I confirm I have all the patches required? The manual doesn't give any reqired patch list.
I am sure you will help me out.
Thanks and regards,
T.S.Shivakumar
Try...try... till your system crashes!
4 REPLIES 4
Vladislav Demidov
Honored Contributor

You have to add appropriate driver to HPUX kernel. Compare kernel drivers configuration between your two B1000 stations.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

It appears that you may have to configure the card serial number into the kernel!
try running /opt/sicl/bin/iosetup if you have the same drivers in the non-working system as the working system.

HTH
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
T.S.SHIVAKUMAR
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the feedbacks. But I have already compared the driver list thro SAM and found them to be same. In "iosetup" I have given the serial number that appears on the metal plate of the card; this is in the same position from which no. has been taken for the working setup too. The only difference between the setups is the ACE versions,but the present one is later than the working one.Can I safely remove the ACEs and install the older version of ACE ?
Thanks and regards,
Shivakumar
Try...try... till your system crashes!
zhang chua

HI T.S.Shivakumar,

I'm setup a E2078(PCI) to C360,
after hpux setup,
just like you, no driver for the GPIB card,
would you like to share your soft driver and setup instruction to me?

Thanks a lot!

Chua