Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help printing Barcodes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Roberts_3
Occasional Visitor

Help printing Barcodes

I need help printing barcodes with the LaserJet 4000n. I was told there is some type of Modification that I need to get. If this is true could someone plese let me know where to get it.
3 REPLIES
Elizabeth_2
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Help printing Barcodes

For bar code printing on Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4 (HPLJ4) (PCL-4/5 printer language), you must have the JetCAPS Intelligent Bar code SIMM board for your printer. (OSS Note Number = 45643)

If you do not already have one you can obtain this SIMM card from Hewlett-Packard. I believe that this is the only supported bar code SIMM module for HPLJ4 printers.

Brian Roberts_3
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your help. How hard is it to install?
Elizabeth_2
Valued Contributor

To be honest I don't know how difficult it is to install. I have never personally done it. Sorry, I couldn't have been more helpful.