1753316 Members
5053 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help with these Errors

Ted Flanders
Frequent Advisor

Help with these Errors

I deleted everything in the /db directory on my unix testbox. I then copied the current database from my "live" box (HP9000 K220 HPUX 10.20) to my testbox (HPUX 10.20) using the rcp -r -p command. I am 99% sure it copied over correctly. I try to start up the databases on my testbox and and get "Invalid address to attach the shared memory segment (1173) There is no server for database /db/nxt. (1423)"
I am stuck, anybody help me out here?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
John Palmer
Honored Contributor

Hi Ted,

This sounds like Progress, am I correct?

I used to run Progress and seem to remember that it had a file that described the running instance.

Did you copy the files over while the live database was running? If so then this file would have been copied so the database utilities think that it's still running.

Identifying this lock file and removing it may fix the problem but I would question whether the datafiles are consistent.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
John
Ted Flanders
Frequent Advisor

I did have the databases were shut down prior to copying the database over. I matched all files and compared them, they seem the same.
Ted Flanders
Frequent Advisor

Yes, it is progress.
John Palmer
Honored Contributor

Sorry Ted,

Can't remember much more about Progress.

It isn't a resources problem is it? Trying to allocate more memory than you've got on the dev box or something.

Regards,
John
Ted Flanders
Frequent Advisor

I did find an nxt.lk file and transfered it over to the testbox. It didnt work, still cant get the databases up and running. I have a call into progress support. I was just hoping someone on here could help me sooner. Thanks John.
Ted Flanders
Frequent Advisor

I did find an nxt.lk file and transfered it over to the testbox. It didnt work, still cant get the databases up and running. I have a call into progress support. I was just hoping someone on here could help me sooner. Thanks John.
PS.....the databases ran before, I just refreshed them with new data. I hope its not a memory problem.
Ted Flanders
Frequent Advisor

UPDATE: FYI I guess I needed to copy over the /bi file along with the /db/. I am doing that now, I will post the results in case anyone is interested.